DIFFERENT TYPES OF MEDICAL CANNABIS
- More THC and less CBD (Cannabidiol)
- More Psychoactive effects, more stimulation to the brain
- Works for relieving depression, migraine, headaches and encourages activity
- Day Time Medication
- Cross between Indica and Sativa
- Can have varrying effects
- More CBD (Cannabidiol) and less THC
- More body effects and more relaxing to the brain
- Works well for relieving anxiety, encourages sleep and relieves muscle spasm
- Night Time Medication
7175 SW 8th St.; Miami, FL 33144
DIFFERENT METHODS OF USING CANNABIS MEDICINALLY
INHILATION: Onset 1-2 minutes; Last 3-4 hours
- Smoking - Not Recommended
- Vaporizer - Smokeless; healthier for your lungs
INGESTION: Onset 1-2 hours; Last 6-8 hours
- Cookies, brownies, candy tea and variety of other ingestible are available
- More difficult to dose so begin with SMALL amount
- Thought to be more potent and to be a stronger sedative
SUBLINGUAL: Onset 5-15minutes; Last 3-4 hours
- Med strips or Liquid Extract in alcohol, oil or glycerin
- Used under the tounge: Start with few drops or small piece until dosage is know
TOPICAL: Onset Varies
- For external use on skin; For arthritis or rashes
- Forms: Balms, lotions, salves, rubbing alcohol
7175 SW 8th St.; Miami, FL 33144
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS:
These are only some of the conditions that may qualify you for a medical marijuana card. There are many other conditions not list here that may also qualify you. You can come in for a free consultation to see if your medical condition qualifies you for a medical marijuana card.
- Acquired immune deficiency syndrome (AIDS), HIV infection
- Chronic Pain
- Muscle Spasm
- Loss of Appetite
- Nusea or Vomiting
- Many More..
WHAT TO BRING WITH YOU?
- Please bring a valid Florida state identification card or driver's license with you. Effective on January 1, 2016, we are only accepting Florida's ID or driver's license as a proof of identification. If you lost or have expired Florida ID / DL, you can present your passport together with the receipt from the DMV that you have applied for renewal or replacement.
- Patients who just moved to Florida, you must apply first for Florida ID or Driver's License. We can accept your out of state photo id card together with the receipt from the DMV that you have applied for FL ID or DL.
- For new patients, you have to bring some kind of medical documentation to your evaluation. This could be X-rays, MRI’s, prescriptions, physician letters, medications, or any other documentation that may show that you have seen a doctor and have been diagnosed with a medical condition.
- If you are doing a renewal from another doctor then you will have to bring your previous original recommendation with you. We cannot take a copy, as we need to see the original doctors signature on the old recommendation. Previous recommendation must not be past 30 days.
WHAT IS PATIENT CONFIDENTIALITY?
Patients' medical records are strictly confidential. We do not report or turn in any lists to any state or federal agency, any employers, or any insurance companies. There is no way for anybody to find out you are a medical marijuana patient. It will not appear on any background checks performed by any schools, employers, insurances, or government agencies. We take every step to ensure strict confidentiality for each and every patient.
To protect your privacy we do not provide verification over the phone as it can result in:
- Breach of security by individuals looking to exploit the situation
- A compromise of doctor/patient confidentiality
- Violation of HIPAA privacy regulations
- Unauthorized access to your private information
Your privacy and confidentiality are always our top priority.
IS THERE AN AGE LIMIT FOR MEDICAL MARIJUANA?
A person has to be at least 18 years or older.
CAN PATIENTS BE DRUG TESTED AT WORK?
Employers have a right to drug test and fire patients who test positive for marijuana, regardless of their medical use. Some employers may excuse patients if they have valid recommentation from physicians and others wont. If you have questions regarding job drug testing, you should discuss those concerns with your employer or the Human Resources department. Ultimately, even if you are a legal medical marijuana in Florida, the status of your job after drug testing is up to your employer.
CAN I TAKE MY MEDICAL MARIJUANA ON A PLANE?
Some Airport are respectful of patientts' rights, but others aren't. If you're flying out of Florida, check reciprocity with state law.
WHEN ARE RECOMMENDATIONS VALID?
A letter of recommendation is valid depends on the physician endorsement. However, recommendations are to be renewed annually and many police refuse to recognize recommendations that are older a year o so.
HOW MUCH CAN I POSSESS?
Patients are entitled to whatever amount of marijuana is necessary for their personal medical use. Individual cities and counties are allowed to enact higher, but not lower, limits than the state standard.